Are you even a Mum if you don’t…???
Motherhood is a strange thing, you want to be the best you can be – the best mother to your child, the best teacher for him to learn from, the best role model, the best human being – but after years of minimal sleep and copious amounts of caffeine ingested coupled with the blah routine of school-runs and appeasing tantrums, you cave. And you become a real mum!
Not the pinterest-perfect one that you see in films or magazines, but the average mum-next-door kind of mum. And then you begin to do the following, and after a few years of practice, you question yourself:
Are you even a mum if you don’t…???
1. Eat all the leftover Halloween candy days after Halloween, after telling your toddler it’s all over?
2. Start threatening to call Santa when your kids act up – come November?
3. Use a wetwipe to quick clean the house?
4. Tell your child to put their shoes on 847 times before leaving the house, and then finally put them on yourself?
5. Do a happy jig once you drop your kid off at nursery – even if it’s 9 am and other parents might be watching?
7. Feel guilty at least 10 times every day?
8. Stay up well past midnight pointlessly scrolling through Facebook despite being exhausted – just because it’s the only quiet, alone time you get? Yes, you are now a MOMBIE.
9. Don’t use dry shampoo at least twice a week? I mean, who has the time for a real hair wash???
10. Batch cook? The secret to my sanity in the kitchen. (Click here to read about the 5 must-haves in every mum’s kitchen)
11. Stare at your
monster child angel sleeping every night, and feel immense love, and wonder why you thought he was a total a**e through the day?
Follow Tales from Mamaville on bloglovin too!
This post was featured on #BlogCrush
I’ve linked this post to these fab linkies