You will be forgiven for thinking hubster and I have a car collection within our house. But before you ask how much the viewing tickets are, let me clarify…
Yes, there are over 50 cars
Yes, there's a Beetle, a Land Rover and a Mini Cooper.
There are cars of different shapes, sizes and colours; some convertibles too
And if you fancy a bit of quirkiness, you can even see a tractor, a cement mixer and a bulldozer. Or is it a digger? Whatever! Oh, and an autorickshaw as well!!!
They are ALL toys (except the one REAL car we have, which takes us to REAL places)
And they ALL belong to Little Man
Hubster loves cars – and I don't know how though I do know when (around 1 year, 3 months) – Little Man has also got an innate love for and interest in cars. It just happened. We didn't buy him loads of cars (until of course, we realised his fascination for them); they weren't the only toys he was exposed to (he had the usual baby toys like these) and it's not like we went for long drives every other day. IT JUST HAPPENED.
And so, slowly,
his room, the living room, the entire house was brimming with Little Man's colourful cars. And we all had to "play cars" with him. He made the rules, we just had to nod in agreement. Dare we make our own rules, oh no, then the police car will come catch us and we would be under arrest!
Here are the 'rules' for playing cars with a three-year-old, or at least my three-year-old.
1. I have a favourite car, but I am allowed to change my favourite car every few days
2. I – and only I – can hold the favourite car (whichever it might be). You cannot even touch it
3. You can, however, hold the car I choose for you.
4. Correction: You MUST hold the car I choose for you, and then follow my lead
5. You are NOT permitted to touch the other cars while playing, except the one I have given you
6. I decide where our road/ racetrack will be today – the bed, the window sill, the floor or the sofa
7. No, you cannot choose your own path; you must follow me and do as I say
8. Taking on from the previous point, I expect sound effects. 'Nino Nino' if it's a police car/ fire engine/ ambulance; vroom vroom if its a regular car or motorbike and voooooooooo if it's a race car
9. It is understood that I – and only I – can win a race. Every. Time. Be warned: I am a very bad loser and will ask for a re-race just so I can win.
10. I am allowed to use your leg/arm/face/back/tummy as my racetrack, if the need arises
11. Add-ons are welcome, such as cones on the road, an unexpected traffic jam, a police car chasing the car that's going fast… well done, bonus points to you
12. If I arrange my cars in a particular order, they cannot be re-arranged under any circumstances
13. There can be no loo breaks – for you or me. Learn to hold it in, like I do
14. I can and WILL change the rules according to my whim and fancy
15. Why have you stopped your car? The game isn't over until I say it's over…
Follow Tales from Mamaville on bloglovin too!
I've linked this post with these fab linkies