It is the final weekend before the most wonderful time of the year. You know Christmas is literally just around the corner when
all most of the presents are bought (and hidden), most some are all wrapped up, your child's school Nativity play is done with and you are at Waitrose buying last minute stuff for Christmas lunch.
And to add to the festive cheer, the lovely Annette from 3 Little Buttons has started a fun What's in your #ChristmasStocking tag, and since she was kind enough to tag me in it, I'm going to pass the festive baton on. I'll answer the fun questions below and then tag some other bloggers who can continue to spread the cheer. Of course, even if you're not tagged and would like to take part, feel free to do so – just link back to this post in your own post and pop the colourful red badge below, the code can be found here. And don't forget to nominate your own blogger buddies and spread the Christmas cheer. Tag me on Twitter @MamavilleTales so I can share your post too…
Now, on with the show…
1. Who’s behind the gathering of Christmas stocking treats – Mama Christmas or Father Christmas?
Mama Christmas it is. I'd be too stressed if I left it to Father Christmas!
2. Traditional stocking or giant sack?
Traditional stocking. Little Man has his own name stitched on to it too.
3. Christmas stockings for everyone or only those who believe?
Gifts under the tree for everyone but the stockings just for Little Man.
4. Cheap as chips or a big festive splurge?
A mix. I'd say 80 per cent chips and 20 per cent something more expensive. But the gift under the tree is almost always a splurge!
5. Themed goodies or a pick-a-mix stocking of treasure?
It's usually small things that Little Man wants/ likes. Plus a few additional bits and pieces I choose that I know he will like. I love seeing the surprised look on his face when he digs stuff out of the stocking!
6. Real orange or chocolate orange?
Chocolate orange of course!
7. Christmas ‘stick to your teeth’ candy or Santa’s ‘special’ healthy snacks?
Stocking are for treats – edible or otherwise.
8. Chocolate coins or sugared mice?
Chocolate wins again!
9. Latest trends or traditional wooden puzzles?
Usually the latest trends but if there's a golden oldie that will do the trick, I'll pop it in!
10. Each item carefully wrapped in authentic looking wrapping paper or Santa just threw it all in?
I wrap all the main gifts – isn't that enough?! (As you can see, I despise wrapping).
11. Stockings hung with care by the fireplace or end of the bed?
Our lovely artificial fireplace… which looks so real!
12. Who fills the stocking – Mama Christmas or Father Christmas?
Mama Christmas but Father Christmas always adds something extra…
13. Filled to the brim and overflowing or perfectly neat?
It's a very big, deep stocking so no, not brimming over!
14. What do you leave Santa – a glass of milk or something stronger for the road?
A glass of milk and cookies for Santa and some carrots for his reindeer!
Share your favourite Christmas tip of all time…
This year we're teaching Little Man that Christmas isn't just about receiving gifts, but also about giving to others.
My nominated buddies are:
Kate from Kate on Thin Ice
Jennie from Rice Cakes and Raisins
Jaki from JakiJellz
Alana from Burnished Chaos
Kirsty from Winnettes
Have a Merry Christmas everyone!!!
Follow Tales from Mamaville on bloglovin too!