Ideas to brighten up your home this Spring
Ah, it is FINALLY Spring!!! Well, it was officially last month with the Spring Equinox and the clocks changing, but it didn’t feel like it what with the crazy weather we’ve been experiencing. But now that the sun is shining (mostly) and the days are warmer and longer, and the daffodils and Cherry Blossoms have dotted the gardens, I’m ‘springing’ into action (yes pun intended!) and getting rid of the cold, dreary winter blues.
The woollies are finding their way back into the cupboard, the heating is NOT on 24/7 and the house is getting spruced up with bright colours, floral/ pastel textures and scents of Spring. So with the help of some lovely brands, here are a few ideas to brighten up your home this Spring.
- The best way to make your living room feel more Spring-like is with wallpaper. Go bold with stripes and shapes, or opt for soft pastel hues (think cherry blossoms) when it comes to choosing wallpaper. There’s no need to redecorate all the walls – just choose one and make it a feature wall.
- Accentuate with bright colours, be it with your furniture (like this yellow rocker pictured below), a colourful throw or cushions.
- Add a further refreshing element to your living room by bringing the outside inside… bifold doors and colourful sash windows are a perfect way of letting in more sunshine.
- Ditch the heavier bedding and go for more pastels/ natural green/ sky blue. Choose something that is light, fresh and evokes the feeling of Spring.
- A colourful throw (I chose a sunshine yellow) and some colourful Nature-infused cushions do wonders for brightening up your bedroom.
- Bring the scent of Spring into your home with scented candles and reed diffusers. This Paisley Crescent Candle – Eastern Orange Blossom from Mini Moderns is perfect, both for it’s bright orange print and it’s floral scents of Orange Blossom and Jasmine.
Another great candle to bring in the fresh notes of Spring is Pure Eden from Handmade Perfect4U. With a blend of floral scents including peony, lily, jasmine and rose coupled with notes of bergamot, you will feel as though you are strolling through the Garden of Eden yourself!
These LED fairy and string light sets from Cable and Cotton are the perfect way to refresh your child’s bedroom for the upcoming cheerful months of Spring. We’ve strung ours on Little Man’s play tent, but they look just as gorgeous on the wall too. Choose from ready-made sets or make your own with your favourite colours.
- If you’re looking for kitchenware that makes a fresh and bold statement this Spring, then Archipelago London is worth checking out. Influenced by the classical designs of terracotta pottery from the Mediterranean, their contemporary collection of hand finished ceramics adds that perfect look to your dining experience.
And last but definitely not the least – your garden. Nothing says Spring better than your garden. After months of being indoors, not bothering to tend to your lawn and seeing brown dried up trees instead of green leaves and bright flowers, NOW is the time to spruce your garden back to life.
The more colour along your flower beds, the better. Mix up your daffodils with some pinks and reds. Add some blues and purples. Go all out with your flower arrangements.
Of course with a garden bursting with colour (and the sunshine at last) you would want to be outdoors. That’s where garden and patio furniture comes in – check out these Groupon deals if you’re looking for some exciting garden furniture.
So, what are you waiting for? Dust off the winter lethargy and spring into action. You might want to start off with a good Spring Clean first… read this post for some useful tips.
Follow Tales from Mamaville on bloglovin too!
I’ve linked this post with these fab linkies