I've never been overweight, nor have I ever gone on a "strict diet" – I love my food and treats too much! But, I do realise when I have put on those extra kilos/ inches – I feel sluggish, my clothes feel tight and I just don't feel myself. Since becoming a mum, this see-saw weight gain-weight-loss happens every now and then, because I often don't have the time or energy to cook and eat healthy meals everyday.
Which is why when I heard about Dietbon's diet meals delivery, I was intrigued. Back from a long summer break back home, those extra kilos were upon me again, so what better time to give Dietbon a go?! Besides, I've been looking for a healthy, balanced diet plan that can be easily incorporated into a busy lifestyle, and this seemed perfect.
Dietbon is a simple, effective and affordable solution for those wishing to lose weight (or eat healthier) without losing their sanity or love for food. Their meals are balanced, healthy, satisfying and rather delicious. It's not dieting by cutting out food groups, rather losing weight in a healthy manner by eating real, wholesome food in balanced proportions and according to a customised meal plan. What's more, the meals are delivered to your doorstep, ready-to-eat!
- We all know that there's no one-size-fits-all rule for dieting. A diet that works for some might not necessarily work for others. Which is why Dietbon offers different programs for men and women, and everyone has a personalised, customised program along with the support of a dietician to help them on their journey. in fact, there is an initial consultation of 40 minutes even before you start the program, to discuss your needs and diet plan and help you meet your goals realistically.
- Nutritious, gourmet, ready-to-eat meals delivered to your home office – all you need to do is heat them in the microwave!
- From breakfast, lunch, dinner and a snack, six days worth of meals are presented – the seventh day is a 'free day' which allows you to eat other food as well. It is also a chance to organise the meals for this one day yourself in order to learn how to follow a balanced diet.
- The meals are varied and unlike other meal plans where you have to eat what's sent to you, with Dietbon you can choose your own meals, which are both portion and calorie controlled.
- Dietbon meals contain 100% natural ingredients with no additives, preservatives or artificial colourings. There are also no GM ingredients, artificial sweeteners or palm oil.
- You also receive your own ‘My Dietbon guide to success’ which has information, practical guides and recipes to help you achieve your slimming goals.
The tastiest part about Dietbon are indeed their meals. Unlike other home-delivered diet programs, at Dietbon you can choose all your meals including breakfast options and snacks. With over 60 dishes for lunch and dinner and a range of breakfast, snack and dessert options, you really don't feel you are on a diet!
Among the dishes I chose and sampled were wholesome soups, wholemeal pasta salads with chicken or tuna, mexican meatballs, roast chicken fillet with mashed potatoes, salmon, sautéed pork, chicken tikka masala, beef moussaka and ravioli stuffed with goat’s cheese pesto with a tomato and tofu sauce. Each dish was accompanied by a healthy side like quinoa or vegetables, making it a complete meal.
Each dish came individually packed (I must mention the delivery process was very smooth as well; I received an email and a tracking number the day before my delivery) with all the ingredients and nutrition information available.
Everything tasted delicious (you really wouldn't believe this is a diet program); the meats were soft and tender and the quantity was just perfect for a meal for one. Every dish was flavoursome, however, you might want to add some spice or garnishing for that extra kick, like I did.
The mini pancakes for breakfast were a welcome change from my usual toast or porridge – fluffy and delicious! To make them tastier and healthier, I warmed and buttered them, and then layered with some strawberries and bananas.
For dessert, I opted for the chocolate pudding (being a chocoholic, this was a dream, to be able to have chocolate guilt-free) and for snacks I chose the mini lemon cakes which were soft and rather yum!
I also got two packets of tea – Keep Calm to relax and detox (which I used to have between dinner and bedtime) and Vitalize Me for an energy boost in the afternoon.
And after a week of living on Dietbon, I admit I felt healthier, re-energized and good about myself. I may not have lost actual weight in just 7 days, but I definitely feel more energized, active and know that I am eating good quality, healthy food without making any real sacrifices or cutting out food groups. And that, in my personal opinion, is healthy dieting!
I also realised that planned, controlled eating is not all that difficult to do. With a little extra time and effort, you can plan your entire week's meals (which also makes the food shop so much less stressful and wasteful).
After comparing prices of other similar home-delivered slimming meals in the market, Dietbon turns out to be the most economical. You get a 15% discount on your first order and the rates are:
• 1 month: £76 per week
• 2 months: £67 per week
• 3 months: £59 per week
• 4 months: £44 per week
This amounts to less than £7 per day for 4 meals, including delivery and dietary consultations – now isn't that just amazing?!
So whether you are looking for a long-term, lasting diet plan or a healthier approach to eating, head to their website to find out more. Remember, you can avail of a 15% discount off your first order plus receive a free 28-day Morning and Night detox tea cure when you use this link and use the promo code 'WELCOME'
This is a collaborative post
Follow Tales from Mamaville on bloglovin too!