Bloggers Behind the Screens: Featuring Oh Luna
Bloggers Behind the Screens is a monthly interview series, where fellow bloggers come together to answer a series of questions on a specific theme. This is a chance to get acquainted with a whole range of bloggers, some of whom you may not have encountered
before, and learn a little more about them!
This month, we’re talking to bloggers about the very thing that makes them bloggers. Their blogs.
1. When did you start blogging and why?
I started blogging back when I first found out I was pregnant in 2015. I didn’t know parenting bloggers existed (clearly didn’t research properly) and thought I was doing something completely new! This blog I’ve had since Jan 18 after a mishap (aka my renewal went through the roof after I forgot to renew my domain).
2. How did you come up with the name for your blog?
I wanted to create a brand and although my name beforehand was that brand, I wanted something different. Luna was one of the names I thought about for the baby who didn’t become, before my daughter Imogen.
3. What do you blog about? Has that changed from when you first started?
I blog about parenting, lifestyle and beauty. And it’s changed a lot since my interest in beauty has changed. I find it easier to actually blog about things I’m feeling and loving in that moment.
4. Is your blog your job, your hobby or your side hustle?
It’s my hobby but I would love to progress it further. I work part time right now so there’s room to be able to make it grow! It just takes time.
5. What is the best thing or experience that blogging has given you?
It’s actually helped me make new friends with people I would have never met without. And I’ve been invited to events I would have only dreamed of.
6. What is your favourite thing in the whole world to write about?
My favourite thing is to write lists. Sounds daft doesn’t it!? I love lists. Anything with a list and I’m churning quicker than a blender.
7. What skills (the more unusual the better!) has blogging taught you?
It’s taught me all about SEO, laws, Pinterest and probably a 101 more things.
8. What is your favourite post from your blog? Give us the link and tell us why it’s your favourite.
I think my favourite post written was somewhere in the depths of last year. Except for I didn’t back up my blog and had to restart it again this year. So my favourite post I’ve done this year so far is my Mother’s Day campaign I did with Wilko’s. I really loved my photography on this one and it’s inspired me to do more like it. https://ohluna.co.uk/2019/03/29/last-minute-mothers-day-buys-with-wilkos-gifted/
9. Have you ever been on TV or radio in your capacity as a blogger? If so, what for? If not, do you think it’s something you’d like to have a go at?
I would probably love to do it in the future but probably just radio as I’m very self conscious.
10. What is your least favourite thing about blogging? There must be something you don’t like about it…
I don’t like the stigmatism around blogging. That it’s easy and that everyone is out to get free stuff. 99% of the time that’s not the case. It makes me afraid to tell people I’m a blogger at times. And I work hard on my blog.
11. Do you have any advice to give to anybody out there thinking of starting a blog right now?
Honestly. DO YOUR RESEARCH. I want to actually write a post about this because I was so clueless going into it the first time.
12. Where do you do most of your blogging? Do you have a home office, are you on the sofa or do you prefer to be out and about when writing posts?
I have an office in my home as I’m lucky to have a spare room in my house. I have to sit at a desk with no distractions and have background noise from YouTube on. It just helps me to concentrate more. So I’m either there or in a library or a coffee shop getting work done.
13. Be honest. How many unwritten posts are in your drafts right now? How many are likely to see daylight?
I think there’s about 6 right now. There’s about 100 I’ve got to write but as it’s half term I’ve not had the time just yet.
14. What are you most excited about for your blog in the last six months or so of 2019? Anything awesome in the pipeline for the summer or are we forever winging it?
Forever winging it. But I’m looking forward to putting in some holidays at work so I can crack on and get a good chunk ahead of where I want to be! I just want to flourish.
15. Finally, what is your absolute favourite thing about being a blogger?
My favourite thing is that it gives me ambition. To go further (even when I’m anxious and compare myself) and keep going. I would like to say the community but it’s changing. I do have a small knit group of blogger friends who I love and adore and I only hope to make that circle bigger.
Blog URL; www.ohluna.co.uk