Ever seen a mum and thought to yourself: Now she looks like a Stay-at-Home-Mum or she looks like a Working Mum!? Not to compartmentalise or judge – hey, I'm a mum myself – but having been a SAHM for almost 4 years now, there are a few traits that SAHMums acquire on the job…
1. PJ days are certified days of the week. They are allowed. And they are necessary (after all, how many play dates and park trips and soft plays can you take your kid to?!)
2. You know the theme songs, dialogues, timings, possibly even the credits to all the shows your toddler watches
Paw Patrol, Paw Patrol
Be there on the double…
3. On that note, you realise and embrace the fact that the television is the world's best baby-sitter.
4. You will hear the line 'Can I have a snack?' at least 15 times everyday
5. Coffee isn't just a beverage anymore… it is a necessity.
6. Mom jeans are an acceptable form of clothing and the messy mombun is a real style!
7. Sometimes, you prefer doing housework to reading another book (or the same book for the seventeenth time) or playing another pretend-game (pretend tea-party, pretend superhero, pretend fireman).
8. You learn to love play dates and look forward to them – at least someone else (as enthusiastic as your toddler) can play those pretend-games! And you can have a conversation with another adult, even if it's about toddler poo and tantrums! And maybe, just maybe, pop open a bottle of wine;)
9. Most days, you want to fast-forward the clock – how the hell can it ONLY be 1 pm??? You've done EVERYTHING, read EVERY BOOK, made EVERY PUZZLE and now your toddler is bored!!! (Then ironically, when your toddler is asleep, you look at him or her lovingly and want to slow down time…)
10. You become a Mombie – a Mom who is beyond exhausted but stays up late anyhow since it's her only opportunity for kid-free time.
Do any of these resonate with you? Are there any other SAHM traits you would like to add?
This post first appeared on www.meetothermums.com as part of their #BlogSquad
Follow Tales from Mamaville on bloglovin too!
I've linked this post with these fab linkies